On January 24th, 2013, the Legislative Assembly of El Salvador approved important amendments to the International Services Law, which will become effective 8 days after being published in the Official Gazette.
The following activities were redefined and broaden:
- Maintenance and repair of maritime vessels.
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO’s).
- Medical and Hospital Services.
New activities were included, which can now receive fiscal incentives:
- Maintenance and repair of containers.
- Repair of Technological Equipment.
- Attention to the Elderly and Convalescent.
- Cinematography (post-production activities).
It is expected that new companies devoted to these economic activities might consider El Salvador as a destination of their investments.
For more information, please contact:
Lic. Jose Roberto Romero